Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Solutions
Berg Information Technology, Inc. (BIT) helps executives and business owners to answer the question “How is my business doing today?” Calculations used to measure and monitor the health and progress of the business are needed to answer the above daily question.
Such calculations are known as key performance indicators (KPIs). BIT creates KPIs
for KPI dashboards, which are an internal Web page-based collection of KPIs tailored to the user. BIT creates a customized database and an automated framework for keeping KPI dashboards updated as part of a comprehensive business intelligence solution.
When the status of a KPI indicates attention is needed, the user can click on the KPI to obtain further detail. The user can continue drilling down through the data until the source of the problem has been located. To create a KPI or a diverse collection of KPIs, BIT extracts data from the systems used to run the company’s operations. KPIs can be any calculation deemed important, from a balance sheet ratio to a customer satisfaction index. KPIs are limited only by the availability of data required to make the calculations.
In addition to KPIs for KPI dashboards, BIT builds and provides analytical solutions that enable trend analysis and identification, standard reports, and ad-hoc reporting capabilities. BIT specializes in replacing multiple, inadequate reporting and analytical solutions with a single solution with a single point of access. BIT’s solutions increase reporting and analytical capabilities while eliminating the operational costs associated with multiple reporting solutions. BIT’s business intelligence solutions are designed to reduce the cost of lost opportunities caused by incorrect information and by the lack of information needed to make strategic decisions.
BIT's business intelligence solution offering includes data mining services designed to increase sales and for spending marketing funds effectively:
- Predictive Purchase Behavior—Analyzing existing sales data and either existing or purchased demographic data to determine what types of customers purchase which products or services. The analysis is used for targeted marketing of specific products or services to existing customers. The analysis can also be used to assign the probability of becoming a customer to a purchased list of consumers so that direct mail campaigns cost less and produce a higher response rate.
- Clustering—Analyzing existing sales data and either existing or purchased demographic data to determine the typical profile of the most profitable customer. The analysis is used to market to the most profitable type of existing or new customer.
- Market Basket Analysis—Analyzing existing sales data to determine which products or services are most likely sold together. The analysis is used to determine which products or services should be placed next to each other on shelves, suggested at the register once the companion product is scanned, or suggested online once the companion product has been added to the cart.
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Services
- Designing, developing, and implementing data
warehouses with Microsoft SQL Server, Integration
Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services
- Designing, developing, and implementing business
intelligence (BI) system architecture
- Designing, developing, and implementing data extraction,
transformation, and loading (ETL) processes with SSIS
- Data Mining: Creating forecasting, outcome or customer
behavior prediction, clustering, dependency, and
lead scoring models
- Designing and developing OLAP dimensions, cubes,
unified dimensional models (UDM), and other objects
- Designing and developing KPIs for KPI dashboards and reports
using both SQL and MDX for retrieving data
- Automating installation and administration of BI systems,
including use of DSO, AMO, XMLA, and SSIS